Boot Campaign Welcomes a New CEO
To Our Boot Campaign Family-
It has been a true honor to lead the Boot Campaign charge and take on the role as Interim CEO since December 2016. 2017 has been an incredible year so far. Boot Campaign has raised nearly $600,000 and have allocated more than $.82 of every dollar to the mission, including grants to support mental and physical wellness for veterans. Thanks to YOU and all our amazing supporters!
Today, I’m excited to announce that as of May 1, 2017, Shelly Kirkland will serve as Boot Campaign’s permanent CEO. Shelly has cultivated a very strong relationship with many Boot Campaign staff members, Board members, and volunteers over the last 5 years. Her depth of knowledge of Boot Campaign’s history, our accomplishments to date and our vision for where we will go next make her the best fit for our team, so please celebrate with us!
Here are a few interesting facts about Shelly to help you get to know her:
1. Shelly is joining us after a strong, successful role at UT Dallas’ Center for BrainHealth where she served as Public Relations Director.
2. Shelly brings expertise in branding, storytelling, public relations and marketing – all of which are Boot Campaign priorities for 2017 and beyond.
3. Before moving to Texas, Shelly was a producer for America’s Most Wanted and also worked with organizations such as Travelocity, Children’s Medical Center, The Salvation Army, among others.
4. Shelly and I have worked together for years; she is intimately involved with our ReBOOT program, but she is ready to lend her expertise to Boot Campaign as a whole.
5. Shelly has a heart for patriotism and passion for showing gratitude and support to our military community. She is the daughter of an Air Force veteran, the granddaughter of an Army veteran and cousin to a Marine Corps veteran who served in Desert Storm.
And here’s a personal note to all of our passionate and dedicated Boot Campaign family from Shelly:
Thank you for welcoming me into the Boot Campaign family! I share your passion for raising awareness for our military community, sparking patriotism across the nation, and providing individualized treatment and training to restore those — both in and out of uniform — who sacrificed for us all. I have been a long-time admirer of Boot Campaign’s efforts since I first met Morgan in 2012, and my heart has been pulling me to this incredible team and organization even before the CEO opportunity became available. Accepting the position was an easy and obvious next step for me.
With your dedication, I aim to serve military personnel and their families, our donors and each of you well, with focus, direction, creativity and fun. I am grateful to the Boot Girls for realizing their vision to cultivate a more patriotic America and provide assistance to heal invisible wounds of war; to Morgan for his friendship, focus and leadership to initiate and grow ReBOOT; to the dedicated board and staff for their enthusiasm and strategic guidance and to all of you for laying a stellar foundation from where we can only continue to build success. I look forward to working with each of you and getting to know you all better in the days and months to come.
With purpose and BOOTS ON!
Well, there you have it folks! Shelly is stepping in and I’m eager to remain on the team and continue leading the development of Boot Campaign’s ReBOOT program. Thanks for the ongoing support of Boot Campaign’s mission and the veterans we serve, and for helping us welcome Shelly Kirkland as our new CEO as of May 1st!