Pernod Ricard USA Goes Above & Beyond for Military Appreciation Month
After sharing the plans for May’s 31 For 31 For 31 Challenge with our friends at Pernod Ricard USA (PRUSA), we were overjoyed to hear they were all in! In fact, their collective spirit of conviviality and the passion for their people led PRUSA, parent company to TX Whiskey, to launch an Employee Resource Group (ERG) for Veterans, First Responders Veteran Families, Supporters and Allies in November 2020. Our May Challenge offered a great opportunity for the members of their ERG to get involved, get active and give back.
“The goal of Pernod Ricard USA’s veterans group is to bring together like minded veterans and first responders as well as interested allies,” said John Barrett, PRUSA Chief Commercial Officer. I’m very proud of Pernod Ricard USA’s commitment to the veteran, and even prouder to be here in Texas, host of 15 military bases across the state and home of TX Whiskey.”
Members of the ERG group shared their “why” for signing up to participate in either donating, pledging miles or getting active to run, walk, bike or swim 31 or 3.1 miles throughout the month of May in honor of military heroes. Here’s a few of the responses we received as to what made their team members driven to participate in the challenge.
I’m joining the challenge because:
- I’m passionate about making a difference in Veteran’s lives in any way I can!
- To raise awareness for Boot Campaign and their amazing work to support the military and their families!
- I am a US Army Veteran who believes in supporting other Veterans that served before, after and with me.
- Having multiple veterans in my family, I’ve seen the mental toll combat can take on a veteran.
- As mother to an enlisted soldier and sister of a retired veteran, I want to help support our heroes and their families with PTSD treatment.
Beyond their individual involvement in getting active throughout the month, PRUSA went above and beyond in showing their support for our mission, our message and the veterans we serve each day. Knowing that our Board Member, Mike Rouse, had a goal of raising $31,000 in his efforts, their team committed to raising $31,000 themselves! With over $6,000 in funds raised by participants, the veteran ERG donated $25,000 to meet that goal of $31,000 in total from PRUSA.
“We are tremendously thankful for the support of Pernod Ricard USA and the patriots behind the company who heard Mike’s message and chose to lace up and give back during the month of May,” said CEO Shelly Kirkland.