Dental & Vision Extras Donating 20 Percent of Registration Fees to the Boot Campaign
Dental & Vision Extras Donating 20 Percent of
Registration Fees to the Boot Campaign
Veterans Day Through Thanksgiving, Midnight
CINCINNATI (November 8, 2012) – The Cincinnati-based Dental & Vision Extras savings club is donating 20 percent of each online purchase to the Boot Campaign from Veterans Day (Sunday, November 11) through Thanksgiving (midnight, November 22).
At this time of year, Dental & Vision Extras wants to support an organization that supports people for whom we are grateful year around. So, Extras is teaming up with the Boot Campaign to support both active and retired military, veterans, and their families throughout the United States in a month when remembering veterans and giving thanks are top-of-mind for Americans.
Dental & Vision Extras is a savings club where members pay an annual fee to access 12 months of guaranteed discounts from 30 to 50 percent on dental treatment, vision care and equipment, like glasses and contact lenses, as well as hearing treatment and hearing aids through participating providers.
What is the Boot Campaign (www.bootcampaign.com)?
- The Boot Campaign provides an easy and tangible way for Americans to show appreciation for troops, cultivate awareness of the challenges they face upon return and raise funds for military programs meeting the physical and emotional needs of our heroes.
- Believing that no single organization has the ability to solve the diverse and complex issues that surround our returning heroes, the Boot Campaign was started by five professional women in Texas to provide the funding needed for the best programs available today for relevant issues. Donations go toward helping wounded military and their families with job placement, mortgage- free homes, PTSD counseling, adaptive clothing and so much more.
How much is 20 percent?
- An individual membership costs $126.00 per year, which equals a donation of $25.20.
- A family plan costs $150.00 per year, which equals a donation of $30.00.
- Typical savings are outlined on Dental & Vision Extra’s webpage (http://www.dentalandvisionextras.com/savings/savings.aspx).
m o r e
What is Dental & Vision Extras?
- Extras is not a traditional insurance plan, but a savings club for health care services, specifically dental, vision and hearing. It’s similar to a Costco membership where members pay an annual fee to access unlimited saving over 12 months. There are no claims to file, no waiting periods, no deductibles, no complicated paperwork.
- Consumers go online (www.dentalandvisionextras.com), pay an annual membership fee, download a membership card and enjoy discounts at participating providers in their community and throughout the country, if they travel for work or live part of the year out-of-town. Dental & Vision Extras is a great option for people without employer-sponsored dental and vision insurance. It is also a good supplement to Medicare which doesn’t cover most dental, vision and hearing services.
- The Dental & Vision Extras networks of dentists, eye care centers and audiologists and hearing specialists extend across the nation.
# # #
Dental & Vision Extras (www.dentalandvisionextras.com) is a joint venture of The Dental Care Plus Group and Total Vision Services.
The Dental Care Plus Group is the largest dental carrier in the Greater
Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area with expanding operations throughout Kentucky and Ohio. For more information, visit www.dentalcareplus.com.
Total Vision Services, based in Cincinnati, offers both insured and noninsured vision benefits through a nationwide network of providers. For more information, visit www.totalvisioncare.com.
The Boot Campaign is a 501c3 non-profit military appreciation and veteran awareness campaign based in Texas. Launched in 2009 by a group of women known as The Boot Girls, the Boot Campaign’s mission is to express gratitude to the troops, spread awareness of the needs of military personnel and support their transition home. Through the sale of signature military combat boots, general public donations, and corporate sponsorship the Boot Campaign donates proceeds to its programs caring for military personnel, past and present, healing from a variety of physical and emotional combat wounds, embodying the campaign motto that, “When They Come Back, We Give Back”. www.BootCampaign.com